Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just Checking In

Still here.

I added two new books to my TBR pile. They're both nonfiction. Bad me.

I also started one off the current TBR - The Omnivore's Dilemma. It's very, very interesting. Also kind of disturbing as I'm learning exactly how bad for us processed food has become and why America is so fat and how we are pretty much screwed unless there are some radical changes made to our politics pertaining to food production. Unfortunately, I'm reading this book in bits and pieces while I wait to pick up kids or right before bed when I can only manage a few pages before I can't keep my eyes open any longer, so it's taking forever to get through.

I'm trying to determine if reading library books counts toward my goal. In effect, I'm not adding to my TBR pile if I check out and read a library book. But I'm also not diminishing the pile, either. I now have a list of about a dozen YA titles I'm itching to read due to a YA blog blitz I participated in. I'm determined not to buy any of these titles unless I read a free copy first and find it to be a keeper.

Too, I've signed myself up for Paperbackswap. I'm thinking that obtaining a book for free while at the same time getting rid of some books off my shelf counts as a wash as far as my goal. I might not be getting rid of TBRs, but I am thinning out the herd of books that I know I'll never read again.

Maybe I'm cheating the system? Okay, yeah, I'm cheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment